The Vatican were the three days we were in Rome. The first time (Saturday) we went to the dome of St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican went down to the cave to see the tombs of the popes (including John Paul II), and we walk through the beautiful Plaza de San Pedro, a work of genius Lorenzo Bernini.
The second day (Sunday) we went to Mass, and had the privilege of communion. Wow, for someone who was raised a Catholic, communion in the Vatican is an experience worthy of posting on the blog. There was a kilometer-long queue to enter the Basilica and security is more brigades that to enter the White House (I guess). The magnificence of the Basilica on the inside is impressive, gold, statues of Michelangelo (La Piedad), the remains of San Pedro. The cradle of Catholicism in front of my eyes, and compared to the thousands of tourists from around the world who were there.
the third day (Monday) we went to the Vatican Museums, but only we enter the Sistine Chapel. There are museums Egyptians, Etruscans, Rafael stay, but there are so many people and it's all so big (and time goes so quickly), we decided to see the legendary chapel where Michelangelo painted his Last Judgement, where the cardinals meet to choose a new pope. By the way, Benedict XVI asked for and told us that every Sunday at noon looks out the window and waves to the faithful gathered in the square. However, that order week was in Assisi and could not see. A pity, because the chances of seeing it are minimal. It just Masses twice a year: at Christmas and Easter. Well, never mind, I still liked John Paul II, hahaha (itching said ...).
To reach the dome of the Basilica had two modes. One is the lift and then walk for 220 steps, which will cost 7 euros (5 lucas). The other method is cheaper but more sacrifice: go all the way to leg, which involves 550 steps and 4 euros. Nicole and I decided that something had to be through hard work, sacrifice, and why not, with savings (in $). So we went on foot to the top, and the view is impressive, all of Rome in the sight of us and God. In this picture I'm looking at St. Peter's Square from the top of the dome of the Basilica.
La Plaza de San Pedro is surrounded by a sort of ring of columns, four runs for each side. What I do not know is that just the center of the square there are two points from which an optical illusion occurs very interesting. If you look at this photo, you see a perfectly arranged row of pillars, but behind every pillar there are three main pillars. If you stand on any part of the square are the four pillars, but if you stand on that particular point, you only see one, and the others are hidden behind. Nice, eh?
I was there. This picture looks like the hole, but at least enough to appreciate that behind me are the world famous Michelangelo's frescoes depicting the Last Judgement. Anecdote is that he was forbidden to take pictures inside the chapel, however, nobody, but nobody took any notice of the ban. Had only one guard telling people: No pictures, no filmations! But it was so stupid, as the chapel is large and had only one type for the hundreds of tourists crammed inside. Then when the guard went to the altar, we were back we drew pictures as desperate, and when he came to tell us that we cut the WEA (because you could see the poor flat) front and tourists were taking pictures shamelessly again. So, if you do not want to take pictures, not enter with cameras or something, but do not seek a miserable guard stop a troop of foreigners who wish to upload photos to your blog. Sorry.
THE ONE TO THE OTHER. I could not but be disturbed by this image. Turns out on the floor of the Plaza de San Pedro are recorded all signs of the zodiac, but not twelve separate, but two, on six discs like this, where I sit. The thing is, I looked for mine to see who was matched, and I'm leaving for poto. It says on the disc is ARIETE 21 MARCH BILANCIO 23 SETTEMBRE. I am ARIETE (Aries) and my partner is BILANCIO (Libra, the balance). The important thing is that I just was born March 21, and Peter, my boyfriend is a Libra, born on 23 September. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the two events together, his birthday and mine, my sign and his united front of me in the most sacred place of Catholicism. March 21 begins the fall, spring September 23. Peter, this photo is for you.
The second day (Sunday) we went to Mass, and had the privilege of communion. Wow, for someone who was raised a Catholic, communion in the Vatican is an experience worthy of posting on the blog. There was a kilometer-long queue to enter the Basilica and security is more brigades that to enter the White House (I guess). The magnificence of the Basilica on the inside is impressive, gold, statues of Michelangelo (La Piedad), the remains of San Pedro. The cradle of Catholicism in front of my eyes, and compared to the thousands of tourists from around the world who were there.
the third day (Monday) we went to the Vatican Museums, but only we enter the Sistine Chapel. There are museums Egyptians, Etruscans, Rafael stay, but there are so many people and it's all so big (and time goes so quickly), we decided to see the legendary chapel where Michelangelo painted his Last Judgement, where the cardinals meet to choose a new pope. By the way, Benedict XVI asked for and told us that every Sunday at noon looks out the window and waves to the faithful gathered in the square. However, that order week was in Assisi and could not see. A pity, because the chances of seeing it are minimal. It just Masses twice a year: at Christmas and Easter. Well, never mind, I still liked John Paul II, hahaha (itching said ...).
To reach the dome of the Basilica had two modes. One is the lift and then walk for 220 steps, which will cost 7 euros (5 lucas). The other method is cheaper but more sacrifice: go all the way to leg, which involves 550 steps and 4 euros. Nicole and I decided that something had to be through hard work, sacrifice, and why not, with savings (in $). So we went on foot to the top, and the view is impressive, all of Rome in the sight of us and God. In this picture I'm looking at St. Peter's Square from the top of the dome of the Basilica.
La Plaza de San Pedro is surrounded by a sort of ring of columns, four runs for each side. What I do not know is that just the center of the square there are two points from which an optical illusion occurs very interesting. If you look at this photo, you see a perfectly arranged row of pillars, but behind every pillar there are three main pillars. If you stand on any part of the square are the four pillars, but if you stand on that particular point, you only see one, and the others are hidden behind. Nice, eh?
I was there. This picture looks like the hole, but at least enough to appreciate that behind me are the world famous Michelangelo's frescoes depicting the Last Judgement. Anecdote is that he was forbidden to take pictures inside the chapel, however, nobody, but nobody took any notice of the ban. Had only one guard telling people: No pictures, no filmations! But it was so stupid, as the chapel is large and had only one type for the hundreds of tourists crammed inside. Then when the guard went to the altar, we were back we drew pictures as desperate, and when he came to tell us that we cut the WEA (because you could see the poor flat) front and tourists were taking pictures shamelessly again. So, if you do not want to take pictures, not enter with cameras or something, but do not seek a miserable guard stop a troop of foreigners who wish to upload photos to your blog. Sorry.
THE ONE TO THE OTHER. I could not but be disturbed by this image. Turns out on the floor of the Plaza de San Pedro are recorded all signs of the zodiac, but not twelve separate, but two, on six discs like this, where I sit. The thing is, I looked for mine to see who was matched, and I'm leaving for poto. It says on the disc is ARIETE 21 MARCH BILANCIO 23 SETTEMBRE. I am ARIETE (Aries) and my partner is BILANCIO (Libra, the balance). The important thing is that I just was born March 21, and Peter, my boyfriend is a Libra, born on 23 September. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the two events together, his birthday and mine, my sign and his united front of me in the most sacred place of Catholicism. March 21 begins the fall, spring September 23. Peter, this photo is for you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment